Re: Holiday Playlists...

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Bob Nelson...WMWM wrote:

> Haven't noticed that yet but it's good to see some
> variety in there. By the way, since the World Trade
> Center site is referred to as "Ground Zero"
> frequently,
> I wonder if Weird Al Yankovic's "Christmas at
> Ground Zero" cut will be shelved so it won't seem
> like bad taste ("No time for last minute shopping/
> It's time to meet your final destiny/ It's Christmas
> at Ground Zero/ There's panic in the crowd/ I'll
> duck and cover with my Yuletide lover/ Underneath
> the mushroom cloud").

I have a feeling it will....that's just something that is simply not
appropriate......it was funny, and sometime down the road it will be
too..... but for now.....it's simply not appropriate. I am sure this has
been a regular thing on the Dr. Demento show at Christmas. I am sure this
year, it will not be. There may be a mebntion of the song, but I do not
think it will be played.

Jeremy