Re: internet spots

On 21 Nov 2001 at 10:55, Matt Stevens WNBP wrote:

> An "old timer" once told me that in the 60's WKBR in Manchester would
> interrupt it's simulcast on WKBR-FM 95.7 (now WZID) to send spots to
> co-owned stations. "Hello WTSN and WEMJ here are your spots in 3-2-1"
> Nobody listens to FM anyway..right?  How times have changed.

Interesting because I actually had an FM radion in 1958, and I listened to WKBR-FM regularly.
They had a Top 40 format, and on Saturday afternoon played the previous year's hits.  Back
then, after a song had gone off the charts, you never heard it again.  I didn't stop liking a song
because it was no longer on the charts, so I liked the few oldies programs that existed.

After WCOP discontinued the Top 40 format, WKBR-FM was the only Top 40 station around with
music in the late evening.  Both WBZ and WMEX had talk shows.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com