Re: What's JJ up to?

 Dan C wrote:
>At 11:43 PM 11/20/01 -0500, Dan Billings wrote:
>>Tonight, the Big Jab (WJJB AM & FM // WJAE) was having satellite problems.
>>Instead of Sporting News Radio, the station was running CBS Radio Networks
>>Channel 42.
>>Anyone know what that CBS channel is used for?
>
>It's used by the network to carry various feeds, unanchored news
>conferences, special features, etc etc.  One of many that are available.

Actually CBS tends to use 42 & 44 (left & right, respectively on a
Starguide receiver) for sports feeds.  News conferences, etc. tend to be on
a different pair..41 & 43.  Maybe WJJB runs CBS games..I think CBS uses 42
for pro football.  Unlike the old SEDAT stuff when anyone could receive
anything, your receiver must be authorized to receive Starguide channels
(much like premium channels on satellite tv)...you have to give the
network's tech center your receiver's serial #, and they program it in.
Otherwise your audio card(s) are muted.