Re: What's JJ up to?

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:44:45 -0500 "Chuck Igo"
<Chuckigo@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> for the benefit of the list:  an AFTRA on-air announcing gig in
> Boston might
> have a starting scale of around $50k per year or so.  the non-union
> stations
> are closer to 30-35 per year.
>
> - -Chuck Igo

Some AFTRA stations actually have a two tiered system,  the first year of
employment scale would pay about 35 to 40K then after the announcer had
been there a year he/she is kicked up to 50K+.  WRKO has a three tiered
system from what I understand.  This assumes that an announcer is hired
at scale many are hired at above scale.
df