Re: 1470 WLAM to become 3rd spoke in WMTW NewsTalk Wheel

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Dan Billings wrote:

> <<the story makes no mention of what's to become of Bud
> Sawyer.>>
>
> The WMTW Broadcast Group should make him part of the morning team at their
> country outlet, WTHT.  He may not fit the hip approach to country that they
> are trying to do, but he'd bring more listeners than they have now.
>
> Another idea would be for Saga to pick up Bud for mornings at 1490 WBAE.

Personally I would love to see him join Mark persky and Herb "Captain" Ivy
on WBLM.......however I don't think most of his listeners would go with
that :) but that would be a great morning show. I personally thought that
the WBLM morning show was at it's best in recent years when they had a
third guy, the VERY talented Brett Slater who now works at Kiss 94.5 in
Ellsworth.

Bud Sawyer is a legend in his own right. Someone who I have never met but
I would like to just to talk radio with him. I am proud to have gotten to
talk to george hale while I was at NESCom, anyone who my 50 year old
father remembers hearing on the radio as a little kid is more then a
legend. I also have of admiration and respect for Mark persky, who while
he has not been on the air for as long as bud Sawyer, he is a VERY
talented morning guy and I think he will be doing radio as long as he is
alive, much like Hale and Sawyer. I have gotten the pleasure to chat with
the man many times, he helped to show me what working at a radiomstation
for 20+ years is like, but he knows what he is doing....and is very
entertaining....

Jeremy