Re: 1470 WLAM to become 3rd spoke in WMTW NewsTalk Wheel

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chuckigo@att.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 5:19 PM
Subject: 1470 WLAM to become 3rd spoke in WMTW NewsTalk Wheel

> just caught this on the WMTW website.  the crux is that
> AM 1470 WLAM will become part of the current simulcast
> of the mish-mashed news/talk format of 870 WMTW (and
> 106.7 FM).  (a trimulcast?)

It was only a matter of time.  There was no way that they were going to make
a go of it with WLAM as a stand-alone AM in Lewiston/Auburn.

Maybe JJ will take my suggestion and pick up the format for WLOB AM & FM.
;-)

<<the story makes no mention of what's to become of Bud
Sawyer.>>

The WMTW Broadcast Group should make him part of the morning team at their
country outlet, WTHT.  He may not fit the hip approach to country that they
are trying to do, but he'd bring more listeners than they have now.

Another idea would be for Saga to pick up Bud for mornings at 1490 WBAE.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine