Re: internet spots

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Gary wrote:

> We still get some spots (mostly PSA's) on reel but we don't have a tape deck
> to play them on.  So they don't make it on the air!

In the last issue of BE Radio magazine, I saw an article that said it was
a good idea to have one of each recording medium on hand, just in case of
things like that.  I know it's not possible for stations to have
EVERYTHING in terms of minidisk, DATS, CD players, etc. But I find it hard
to believe that there are radio stations out there that don't have
reel-to-reel decks. :)

I have this 4-track deck I was planning on getting rid of - giving
or selling it to someone -- but last
summer I found this pile of reels in a dumpster....all opera music if you
believe. They were also 4-track (stereo recorded on both sides).

I wonder if that dumpster was an appropriate place for them! *LOL*

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few