Re: internet spots

At 10:55 AM 11/21/01 -0500, Matt Stevens WNBP wrote:
>An "old timer" once told me that in the 60's WKBR in Manchester would
>interrupt it's simulcast on WKBR-FM 95.7 (now WZID) to send spots to
>co-owned stations. "Hello WTSN and WEMJ here are your spots in 3-2-1"
>Nobody listens to FM anyway..right?  How times have changed.

A thousand years ago (or so it seems), when I was at WTSL, we would record
WTSV to pick up spots.  Of course, we used WTSV's air signal to carry NBC
Monitor.
It seems like a lifetime since then.  Now, if you say Gibson Girl people
think you're referring to a TV show.  Does anyone out there remember what a
"Gibson Girl" was?  It was, and in some cases, still is, a very vital part
of a radio station's equipment.

Dan (wheeze, wheeze) Cole