Re: What's JJ up to?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Dan Billings wrote:

> > so I tuned into Phil Hendrie-
> > probably the funniest show of his I have ever heard
>
> Where were you listening to Hendrie?  970 WZAN carries his show from 10AM to
> Noon.

The two other "Voice of Maine" affiliates, 107.9 and then when that faded
out, on 96.7. I do not know the call letters, as it has been a looooong
day.

> I thought the show was funny the first time I heard it, but after awhile
> it's just the same bit over and over.

Well, honestly I never really listened to talk radio much, however
September 11 changed that. For a good monthall that I did was listen to
talk and news radio, and watch news television. For the next three weeks
after that, I had a hard time concentrating on my radio shifts without
knowing what the most up to date news was. I'd be constantly surfing the
web, and eventually (thank God) as time went on, I got back to a more
regular routine again. Now I flip through the news channels and stop if it
is something that interests me, same with the shows on WVOM.

I can agree in a way with what you say about Phil hendrie in my 2 months
of hearing his show, however once in a while he finds something good and
it works really well. but while the concept is the same, to me the thing
that keeps it fresh is the clueless callers who stumble upon the show and
call in outraged at what the "guests" of the show are saying.

What time does this show actually broadcast live? I just ask because (kids
close your eyes) because I was honestly astonished when i heard one woman
call the guy that was Phil's guest an "assh*le" This was at 8:30 in the
evening........and it kinda shocked me in a way, but in another way it
didn't.

Jeremy