Re: 1470 WLAM to become 3rd spoke in WMTW NewsTalk Wheel

> As for the Adult Standards (a.k.a. Nostalgia) format in Maine, I seem to
> remember a station in the midcoast area with the format, perhaps 105.5.
Is
> this correct, and is it the only remaining AS station in ME?

The station is licensed to Isleboro.  The call letters are WBYA and they
call themselves "The Bay."  The last I knew, the station was locally
programmed with a voicetrack system.  The last time I tuned in, about a year
ago, it was not your run of the mill adult standards format, they had a
little broader range of music.

Other adults standards in Maine include:
1400 WIDE Biddeford
1490 WBAE Portland
910 WABI Bangor
1370 WDEA Ellsworth
1450 WRKD Rockland

Did I miss any others?

Clear Channel dumped the format from 1280 WFAU Gardiner in favor of sports a
few months ago so there is no station in central Maine (Lewiston/Auburn,
Augusta) with the format.

Maine has an older than average population.  With all the stations
struggling for listeners in this state, I would think you would have at
least one station in every market with a music format aimed at the 60+
audience.  I know all the arguments about advertisers not wanting that
demographic, but that argument only goes so far.  When I place political ads
for candidates, I always buy the standards stations because older folks
vote.  I bet they buy things too.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine