WBLM 107.5 -> 102.9 WTHT

One thing that I always wondered about- in the late 80's (I beleive it was
1987) Fuller-Jeffery was able to work out a deal with whoever owned WTHT,
the 100,000 watt "FM-103" hit music station to switch frequencies so the
blimp could acquire a much stronger signal....... not long after, WTHT
switched formats to Oldies 107.5, and then eventually to the country
format that they have now.

How in the hell was F-J able to pull off such a stunt? At the time you
could clearly pick the station up near Boston and further north then
Bangor (before WERU and WCRQ used the 102.9 frequency) I just find it odd
that any competing organization would give up such a great signal......

Jeremy