Re: What's JJ up to?

----- Original Message -----
From: <Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net>
To: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>;
"Boston-Radio-Interest" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2001 7:32 PM
Subject: RE: What's JJ up to?

> I didn't totally get this, but WLOB is being sold?? And is WRED trying to
> buy it?? I got WLOB one day this year via DX (I'll look up the exact date
if
> you ask), it was broadcasting in stereo, and it is broadcasting with
100kw..
> It was "NewsTalk 96.3" (I think).. I don't think WLOB would be a good fit
> for a rap format..

No.  JJ Jeffrey's Atlantic Broadcasting owns 95.5 WRED Saco as well as 96.3
WLOB-FM Rumford and 1310 WLOB (AM) Portland.  The company also owns 95.5
Topsham, 1440 WJAE Westbrook and 900 WJJB Brunswick, which simulcast
Sporting News radio as "The Big Jab."  They are all run out of WLOB's
long-time location on Warren Avenue in Portland.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine