Audio Problems on WCAP-AM 980, Lowell

The audio quality on WCAP-AM 980 in Lowell, MA has been very poor lately.
I first noticed it yesterday (11/17) as I toggled between Bob Brinker's
"Money Talk" on WRKO, and the computer show on WCAP.  Today I checked it
again, and the audio is still very tinny: no bass and a bit of distortion
within the limited frequency range that remained.  These were local originations
so it wasn't the satellite and it also afflicted the commercials (of which
there weren't many).

Laurence Glavin