Re: What's JJ up to?

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chuckigo@att.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2001 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: What's JJ up to?

> JJ is a "David" in battling the "Goliaths" of the
> Portland area.

He's a "David" with tens of millions of dollars of Citadel's money in his
bank account!   He may be currently battling the Goliaths of the current
system, but he has also personally profited from greatly from the current
system.  I think Bob Bitner fits the "David" analogy a lot better.

I agree with Chuck's point on WRED.  I can't listen to it, but I am amazed
at how many of my 24-year old law school classmates do.  It would be
interesting to see how the station faired in the ratings with better
coverage of the market.

I also like what J.J. is doing with "the Big Jab" stations.  Every market
needs a sports station.  Most of the day is off the bird, but he has a local
morning show with news and the Red Sox and Portland Pirates.

One property that is not interesting is WLOB AM & FM.  Being the fourth talk
station in the market with fourth rate talk programming off the satellite
does not add much to the market.  The signals were put to better use when
Carter had them.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine