No Subject

Here's how it works out: WAMO-FM will move its 106.7 signal from
Beaver Falls to Wexford, running 38 kW at 568 feet from a new tower
where I-79 meets Wexford Bayne Road just south of the
Turnpike. WAMO-FM's simulcast, WSSZ (107.1 Greensburg), will move from
its current site west of Greensburg way out to a new site south of
Latrobe, just off route 217 north of US 30, where it will run 4300
watts from 305 feet AAT, with a directional antenna. And religious
WRIJ (106.9 Masontown) will move its tower south across the West
Virginia border, where it will run 980 watts from 810 feet AAT from
the same ridge where West Virginia Public Television's WNPB-TV
(Channel 24 Morgantown) broadcasts.

Finally, we're saddened to report the death of Patti Burns, who spent
23 years anchoring at KDKA-TV (Channel 2), much of the time alongside
her father, the legendary Bill Burns. "Patti and Daddy" were the first
father-daughter anchor team when they began doing the noon news
together in 1976; the younger Burns quickly built a reputation of her
own, though, which followed her after her 1997 departure from KDKA and
her subsequent work at public TV WQED-TV (Channel 13).

Patti Burns died Tuesday (October 30) after a battle with cancer; she
was just 49.

*That's it for another week; we hope you've all found us at the new
home of fybush.com - if not, there's just an error message to be seen
at our old world.std.com address, so change those links and bookmarks
now!

And don't forget, you can still order your Tower Site 2002
Calendar. This full-color, professionally printed calendar features
more than a dozen of our favorite tower images from Tower Site of the
Week (as well as a few that have never been seen before!), and it can
be yours for just $15 postpaid (NYS residents add sales tax, US$20 to
Canada). Send those checks or money orders, payable to Scott Fybush,
to 92 Bonnie Brae Avenue, Rochester NY 14618-1802 -- and thanks!

-----------------------NorthEast Radio Watch------------------------
                       (c)2001 Scott Fybush
                          www.fybush.com

No redistribution permitted for commercial use, or for
noncommercial use without prior written permission.

NorthEast Radio Watch is a "shareware" publication.  Regular readers
are kindly requested to contribute towards the continued publication
of this weekly resource.  Visit <http://www.fybush.com/support.html>
for more information.

For the freshest NERW news, visit our Web edition, published Monday
mornings at <http://www.fybush.com/nerw.html>, complete with photos,
audio clips, and links.  Each week's "E-Mail edition" is distributed
to the boston-radio-interest and NERW mailing lists within 48 hours of
publication.

To be added to the NERW mailing list, send e-mail to
<nerw-request@bostonradio.org> with the word "subscribe"
as the body of the message.  You will receive a confirmation
code to return by e-mail to begin your free subscription.
Please direct any questions about the list process to
<nerw-owner@bostonradio.org>; subscription requests and
questions sent directly to NERW cannot be acted on.

NERW is archived at the Boston Radio Archives,
<http://www.bostonradio.org/radio/bostonradio.html> and
is generally made available there about a week after
publication.

Opinions expressed in NERW are solely those of the author
and not necessarily those of MIT or LCS.

NERW welcomes your news and contributions at
<nerw@fybush.com>.