Re: DTV

On 13 Nov 2001 at 19:10, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Already are, as I have noted several times on this very mailing-list.
> The low-end ones are combined in one unit with DirecTV receivers and
> sell for about $500 (probably less if you sign your life away to
> DirecTV).

But the real question is whether these converter boxes enable an old TV set to produce a digital-
quality picture.  I doubt it.  I'm gathering that all they do is convert the digital signals into an
analog signal that can be viewed on the old TV set.  That being the case, I can't see why anyone
would want to buy one of these devices so long as the analog signals remain on the air.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com