Re: WGY _Supermarkets_

I got a couple of comments from chums off list, one said:

>Yes, there really was a WGY Supermarket on State Street for many years,
from the 20s, 40s or whatever even into the 80s, I seem to recall.<

And another remarked:

>.. in fact there were some local brands of WGY
 products such as coffee etc.   Still in existance is the WGY Stamp and
Coin
 store at 142 State St. Between Erie and the Scotia Bridge.  Once again,
no
 connection at all to the business, just a local brand.  Add to this, the
 series of license plates locally with WGY in the series.<

But I got no info on a phone directory from the early sixties...

-Rick Kelly
www.northeastairchecks.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.