Re: WGY _Supermarkets_

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:06:40 -0800 (PST) Matthew Osborne
<mattosborne1976@yahoo.com> writes:

> and quite honestly, this is the first time I've ever
> heard anything like this mentioned.

OK, here's an embarassing moment from my childhood... as a young radio
junkie, I used to look up the phone numbers of the radio stations in the
phone book, and used to... umm, just stare at them.

But the point I'm getting to is that I clearly remember a listing for the
WGY Supermarket in Schenectady.  I'm not as sure as others that there was
more than one.  I always figured that whoever owned the store named it in
the early days of radio, after WGY.  GE might have seen it as free
publicity and given their blessing.  Anyone got a copy of the Schenectady
NY Phone book from 1960 or so?  I'll bet you'll see it there.

Rick Kelly
www.northeastairchecks.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.