-----, depend on it! (was Re: 94.3 Peterboro/Pack Monadnock Mtn Translator)

     No doubt this translator has just upped the ante
in terms of power. It is NO 5 watt signal, NO WAY!
Even, WFEX (92.1) from the same transmitter site has a
lot more power but still barely makes a signal to
where I was.  I was driving on Route 1 last night
between Danvers and Rowley, MA (70 miles from
Peterborough, NH) and was able to pick this 94.3
signal at various locations on that 20 mile stretch of
road.  It is no doubt running power in excess of its'
authorization.  Also, I find it very improbable that
this station is within of the 1 m/v. contour of the
primary station, WHAZ in Albany, NY.  Also, this is
NOT an non-commercial educational translator.  It is a
commercially licensed translator, rebroadcasting
another commercial station.  It all seems to be very
similar in scope of a Westfield, MA translator on 92.1
that magically found it's way onto Mt. Tom in Holyoke,
without a modification of any CP. Who would have the
gall to do such a thing?  I'll give you one good
guess....... :)!

73,
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, MA

--- John Bolduc <n1qgs@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Relgious Translator on 94.3, I believe licensed
> to Greenville, has
> been very difficult to hear in the Manchester NH
> area, even in "prime"
> locations under good conditions. That is, until this
> past week. Now beyond
> Manchester in Derry and down to Salem, the 94.3
> signal is quite robust,
> and dominates WCYY/WCYI 94.3 out of Maine. The
> signal had been in a
> milktoast state for about two years prior. When they
> first came on the air
> about 3/4 years ago they were fair/good into
> Manchester. They they had
> their recieve antenna get knocked around and they
> were relaying WATD? out
> of Marshfield MA? 95.9? inadvertently for about 2
> weeks in the dead of
> winter. After the receive antenna was re-aligned, it
> was quite difficult
> to hear them, WCYY/WCYI, even with a weak signal
> into area, would wipe
> them out. Not anymore!
>
> John
> N1QGS