Re: Tech question (Was Re: WBZ stereo?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Franklyn Weil" <sven@gordsven.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Tech question (Was Re: WBZ stereo?)
> Maybe he's using some new type of hearing aid?  Something that conducts
> sound through the bones in the skull?  What exactly is wrong with Rush's
> ears?  Talk about frightening.... :(

Rush has an auto-immune disease that is causing him to go deaf.

I think he is using technology that gives him a transcript of what callers
are saying in real time.  He reads what they are saying and responds.  I
can't imagine doing it as well as he does.  To me, reading something quickly
and then trying to respond verbally is a tough task.  The Great One does it
so well that you would no know he couldn't hear from listening.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine