Re: Tech question (Was Re: WBZ stereo?)

Any talk show that is well produced sounds better in stereo.  Shows like
Rush and Imus, which use music bumpers and parody songs, benefit greatly
from stereo broadcasts.  I'm sure the same is true for NPR.  I'm not sure
what Maine Public Radio does, but I assume they always broadcast in stereo
because I have never noticed the difference.

By the way, has anyone noticed how well Rush does with callers without being
able to hear?  I noticed some problems during the first few days after the
announcement, but now whatever system they use is nearly flawless.  Of
course, critics will say that Rush never listened to callers anyway, but you
have to be impressed with a deaf guy doing a national radio talk show.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine