RE: Tech question (Was Re: WBZ stereo?)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Scott Saloway wrote:

> The powers that be at 'BUR decided, since OAG is doing all these elaborate
> field pieces, they might as well take advantage of the technology and do
> them in stereo. Go figure.

Then why don't the powers that be at WBUR do all their programming in
stereo?  I don't know about you, but I like hearing talk shows in stereo
-- with a touch of reverb and slight bass.  It adds some depth and
presence to the voice, especially the  callers.

A lot of NPR affils are very chintzy on the processing. WHy don't the up
the processing to make them sound hotter?  Are they afraid of sounding too
"mainstream?"

All that being said, I appreciate NPR and its stations and I think they do
a good job covering the news. Now if only Pacifica could get its act
together...

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few