RE: Tech question (Was Re: WBZ stereo?)

Simple answer - so you can hear all of Tad Curry's wonderful mixes in
their full stereo glory.

Most NPR programming is actually transmitted in stereo. You really don't
notice it because so little of it is music (and because most stations,
'BUR included, sum the feed to mono).

The powers that be at 'BUR decided, since OAG is doing all these elaborate
field pieces, they might as well take advantage of the technology and do
them in stereo. Go figure.

--Scott--
who, until recently, haunted the halls at 890 Commonwealth Ave.