From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Sven
Franklyn Weil
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 10:39 AM
To: A. Joseph Ross
Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: cable box (was Re: Boston Catholic Television (Was
103.5FM...now 'Memory Lane')

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> I don't see how that would work, since I believe that the channels
> used by cable companies are all VHF frequencies.

Well..this was a box used by the old ACQ (American Cablevision of Queens)
cable company here in NYC.  I believe it uses a combination of VHF and
channel-shifted UHF (which is the reason why when you set a cable-ready
set on CATV instead of ANT, you get Channel 41 on Channel 90-something.).

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few