RE: WBZ stereo?

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Sven
Franklyn Weil
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 1:24 PM
To: Manuelian, Mark D
Cc: 'boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org'
Subject: Re: WBZ stereo?

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Manuelian, Mark D wrote:

> We replaced the transmitter with a DX-50, and I just haven't gotten around
> to setting up the stereo...it really is a pian to do...
Scri/obh Sven Franklyn Weil

Mark,

>Will it be up someday? I guess not a lot of people in Boston have AM
>Stereo radios.  I have one...here in NYC...but the damned thing's been in
>a box for 4 years.  I haven't found anything worthwile to listen to to
>bother with playing with the Sony SRF-42's fiddly tuning knob. It's like
>trying to tune two radios with one control....I wonder if that's how
>C-Quam works?

The SRF-42's touchy tunning is related to the design of the SRF-42 itself.
Due to the SRF-42s size there is not a lot of room for an expanded dial
scale.  As you know I have been contending on this mailing list that there
is very little consumer demand for AM stereo. So I wouldn't hold my breath
waiting for a lot of choice in AM stereo capable receivers.

Here's a link to an AM stereo site on the internet that's worth checking
out:

http://users.hfx.eastlink.ca/~amstereo/index.htm