Re: Boston Catholic Television (Was 103.5FM...now 'Memory Lane')

On Monday, November 5, 2001, at 11:39 AM, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

> In old encyclopaedias I've read about the UHF converter boxes (which are
> almost like the analogue CATV boxes used today).  THe thing is about the
> size of a radio, you connect it to the TV's antenna screws and tune the
> TV
> set to channel 3 and you could watch the UHF stations over VHF 3 -- much
> like you do with CATV, VCRs and VideoCD/DVD players today.

You are making me feel old.

The UHF converter boxes I used connected to the VHF antenna leads and
you tuned the set to channel 6, not channel 3.

When my family moved from New Jersey (where anything anyone watched was
on VHF) to Connecticut (where only two stations were on VHF) we had to
buy these for our sets.

Paul