RE: Fybush.com re: core spectrum of TV channels

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> You missed one important point: in both of those cases, Congress and
> the FCC eventually told manufacturers that their receivers *must*
> receive both bands.  Of course, when AM Stereo came around, this was

Curious question:

Did Congress require manufacturers make radios with AM and FM or was that
rule only for TV?

Because I still see Radio Shack carrying
AM-only radios (the pocket sized 6$ jobbies), so how are they getting away
with it....and also other manufacturers that make AM-only radios and
import them into the USA?

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few