RE: Fybush.com re: core spectrum of TV channels

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net wrote:

> You mean I'm going to have to get rid of my analog TV? We have 6 TVs in our
> house, and none are digital

Well...yes and no.  You can continue to use your analog TV set, but you'll
have to spring for a couple of hundred dollars to get a special tuner box
(similar to a cable box) in order to catch the digital signals.

Once your analog TV set breaks and can't be fixed, then the electronics
industry will have you (or your parents) shell out a few thousand for a
new HDTV monster that will probably take up a quarter of your living room
wall.

I see this as a whole plot by the government, TV stations, and TV
MANUFACTURERS in particular to render all existing TV sets obsolete so
you'll have to spring for new ones.  They all get cuts on the sales of
these new sets.  The government will get it in the way of tax money, the
broadcasters in terms of ad dollars and of course the TV manufacturers get
to pocket your hard earned cash....

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few