Re: Update on WCAT

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

> Why was this station going off the air? Can someone
> please refresh my
> memory?  Thanks!! :)

Earlier this year, WCAT (AM) and WCAT-FM were sold to
Citadel Communications.  My best guess is that once
Citadel took them over, they centralized operations
for the stations with their cluster in Worcester.  And
since the AM was a little daytimer, it did not make
business sense to Citadel to keep them on the air, so
they shut them down and as far as I know, the FM is
still alive and well.  And for anyone within earshot
of WCAT-FM, are they still running the same satellite
Hot AC feed (I eblieve its from ABC Radio Networks)
that they were running in the winter of 2000?  Curious
to see if Citadel changed that when they took over.

                         Matt Osborne
                         Hyde Park, NY