Re: Concert for New York

----- Original Message -----
From: <RadioTony@aol.com>
To: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: Concert for New York

> Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't this the same
> chap, who along with the Fab Four, ushered in the era
> of peace and love? Isn't this the same guy marching
> against the war in Vietnam, where one country was
> fighting another country for freedom? I don't really
> want to argue the validity of that war, which I
> probably wouldn't have supported, but the hypocrisy by
> McCartney reeks. Lennon, wherever he is, is rolling in
> his grave.

There is not necessarily any hypocrisy involved.  A person could have
opposed the war in Vietnam but believe the current effort is morally
justified.  McCartney, like many others, may also now understand that his
60's idealism was naive.  "All We Need is Love" is a nice sentiment, but not
enough to deal with people like bin Laden.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine