RE: what's wrong with WWZN?

<<On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:17:01 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
said:

> difficulties.  Dead air, spots playing over the announcers, spots suddenly
> cutting out, spots suddenly cutting back in again, more dead air... What
is
> going on at WWZN?

>>Perhaps they installed the same automation system as WBZ has.

-GAWollman

Perhaps WWZN hasn't ironed out the kinks in their new studio facility? Of
course, I hear these same kind of production snafus these days on stations
such as WRKO and WBZ, also. Perhaps work-a-day mundane technical production
standards have been on the decline in radio nowadays.

On another matter, a few days ago, tuned in a Celtics game, for the first
time on their new station WWZN. I don't know about anyone else but I for one
found it hard to follow Sean Grande's play by play. IMHO Grande's on-the-air
play by play announcing style leaves the listener confused as to what's
happening on the basketball court. Too bad that WWZN's could not get Ted
Sarandis, as was their plan at one point.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)