Re: Channel 7 history

On 15 Oct 2001 at 14:28, Peter George wrote:

>      This was not exactly the same situation when
> WHDH-TV (Herald-Traveler/ a CBS affiliate) lost their
> license on March 19, 1972.  WCVB-TV (Boston
> Broadcasters Incorporated/ a ABC affiliate) was a
> totally different station with a totally different
> studio, transmitter and licensee.

As I recall, Boston Broadcasters wanted to buy the station from WHDH, but WHDH refused to
sell and kept on litigating.  They were making new emergency appeals to the Supreme Court
right up to the last day.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com