Re: WROR bits disc>?

On Monday, October 15, 2001, at 11:34 AM, Lou wrote:

> The earliest I remember hearing Tom was in 1978 when he replaced the
> David Lee Austin / Chuck Moschantz (SP?) / Jim Cameron morning team on
> WCOZ.

Dave Lee Austin (no relation to Austin of Boston, formerly of WODS and
now of WSRS, although I worked with both of them at different times) was
an incredibly funny guy, although not of the same style as Tom Doyle.

> A friend told me that, even before WCOZ,  Tom Doyle had spent some time
> working at WAAF.  I don't recall hearing him there.

I took over the WAAF morning drive shift from Tom Doyle in 1979, at the
time Paul Lemieux, later of WZLX, did middays.  Tom was funny, I was
dull by comparison, and that was my last radio job.  Coincidentally,
shortly after that, Dave Lee Austin became Program Director at WAAF.

Paul