From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of A.
Joseph Ross
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 1:22 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: FM listening today

Were atmospheric conditions for FM propagation unusual today?  I was
listening to WDRC-FM,
102.9, Hartford, this afternoon while driving from Amherst to Northampton
and then around
Northampton, and it kept fading in and out.  There seemed to be another
station that kept
overwhelming it on the channel.  Traffic on Route 9 in Hadley was stop and
go for some time,
apparently because of the repair work on the bridge over the Connecticut
River, and every time
the car moved slightly, one station would fade in and the other would fade
out.

In the past, I've generally been able to listen to WDRC-FM without
interference throughout that
area and along the Turnpike for awhile, then I switch to WWBB, Providence.
But as I was
driving home on the Turnpike this afternoon, both stations kept breaking up.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com