Re: just a curiousity question,

On 14 Oct 2001 at 14:11, Peter George wrote:

>      I would think that most stations would be glad to
> help others during a time of need.  Hopefully, we will
> not have to see if such a thing happen again, like the
> WTC tragedy.

We have only to recall, just a couple of years ago, when an accident made
the Channel 56 studios unuseable for several days, WCVB provided studio
space for the Channel 56 10:00 News, and other stations offered aid as
well.  Going back further, I seem to recall something about WBZ-TV
transmitting from the Channel 7 tower for awhile after Hurricane Carol
destroyed the original WBZ-TV tower in 1954.  And the outpouring of aid
from other radio and TV stations was very impressive when the old WGBH
studios (on the present site of the MIT Student Center) were destroyed by
fire in 1961 or 62.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com