Re: Lowell Spinners Owner Angry Over WCCM Sale

Then Bill wrote:

> Would WCAP accept $3M from the Spinners owner?  Note well:  It ALL
> comes
> down to the source of EVERY dime fronted by a buyer.  If WCAP
> suspects that
> the source of backers aren't in some sense worthy of purchase or if
> there's
> the potential that a money source were particular past competitors
> (former
> WLLH owner comes to mind) then fuggedaboudit.  The WCAP owner simply
> does not need the money.

Add to the mix that the publisher of the local newspaper has tried to
purchase WCAP directly and through a number of front men and you can see
that WCAP's owner is going to be very selective about who carries the
torch from here.  I personally know that he has been offered more than
the selling price for WCCM and turned it down without discussion.

df