Tower Websites & National Security

While on the subject of tower sites and national security, I found an
interesting website that showcases former AT&T "Long Lines" microwave
towers. These towers were the primary link for the "Autovon", the Military's
long distance telephone network, and served as "GEP" or "Ground Entry Point"
sites for telephone calls to and from Air Force One and other military
planes.

The interesting thing about these sites is that they're actual bunkers,
designed to withstand a nuke from 5 miles away, provide their own power and
shelter workers and their families for up to 2 months.

We've all seen those towers with the massive microwave horns... if you'd
like to know more about 'em, you can see it here. (It really is a pretty
cool site, if you dig towers!)

http://www.drgibson.com/towers/index.html

Rob Walker
Director of Operations