RE: WJIB's homepage?

Scri/obh Counselor Ross:

>Actually, I'm not surprised, since AM stereo receivers are just about
>impossible to come by.  I don't know how much it costs to broadcast in
>AM stereo, but with no audience for it, the cost would have to be
>essentially trivial to make it worthwhile.  And I doubt that the equipment
>and maintenance of it is trivial.  In fact, I would imagine that
>maintenance of equipment could become a problem with a technology
>that has gone the way of the Betamax.

Counselor,

IMHO AM stereo is the proverbial answer to a question no one asked. By the
time AM stereo technology began to be deployed [mid 1980s if I remember
correctly), most music broadcast formats had by then fled to the FM band.
You really don't need stereo for news/talk formats. I think that's why AM
stereo never got off the ground.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)