Re: T-word yes, F-word no

> Speaking of F-words, a few years back CNN banned "foreign" from its
> newscasts, replacing it with "international." The intent was to stop
> labeling non-U.S. news "foreign." <snip>
> Howard

The more I think about CNN, their CNN International (CNNI) and other non-USA
feeds have to be a source of revenue from rights and carry fees.  One
observer interview on Murdock's Fox (Murdock's Sky is CNN's prime
international competitor) opined that CNN has a history of slugging/titling
in foreign market so as to do the least harm from a business perspective.
That was the former CNN chief from back in it's wee years (I know, I know,
versus wee wee years.  As you were.)

Bill O'Neill