Ashcroft warns Boston may be target

Gotta admit, the "read" in this story does not foster smiley happy
thoughts nor does it nor should it, panic.  So, AG Ashcroft says to
be careful...FBI says 'nothing to see here' Acting Gov. Swift echoes
that sentiment. Mayor Menino says something about going about your
business and "observant police" (versus unobservant police?)

<follow the bouncing ball mode ON>
With the "dragnet" over the past few days, any potential 9/22 effort
is likely thwarted; BUT, here's my observation: The Attorney General
of the United States warns a major city known to be linked in a
major way to the NY catastrophe.  What happens next? FBI scrambles
to change the subject and the state and city's leadership follows
suit.
<follow the bouncing ball mode OFF>

 It's this seeming inconsistency of message that makes me happy that
the president created a Homeland Defense Department to pull all of
this together.  Here's the MSNBC link -
http://www.msnbc.com/news/628563.asp?0si=-#BODY

Bill O'Neill