Re: The jacket returns

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:06:45 EDT Dib9@aol.com writes:
> It wouldn't bother me if a journalist never wore a jacket.  What
> bothers me
> is that a purported journalist is worrying about image in the middle
> of a
> national tragedy.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Even though I've never worked on the TV side of things I did get a chance
to observe while in the newsroom at SFR.  It was not the talking heads
that decide those things, they are told to do xy&z by (insert the
appropriate title here).  I even heard a brief discussion once about how
the anchor should, in addition to taking off his jacket, roll up his
shirt sleeves a little bit....not the anchor's choice.

df