Re: WCBS-TV Coverage

 --- Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> wrote:
> At 3:25 AM -0400 9/14/01, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:
> >It was nice to see Chuck Scarborough back on the
> air!
> Yes, I grew up in the New York area, I moved away in
> 1978.  I
> remember him from the news on WNBC-TV.

Believe it or not, Chuck once wrote a book. It was
called "Stryker" and had something to do with a plot
against the President. If I recall, the President
winds up getting phlebitis when he's shot in the leg
(at one point) and I wondered if he had based the
character of the President on Richard Nixon, who
also had phlebitis. The book came out in the
late 70s, I think (had read at library).

(And I just checked around and found two others,
"Aftershock" and "The Myrmidion Project"...And it says
"Stryker" did indeed come out in '78...)