Re: TV: Local Reaction

In a message dated 9/13/01 1:20:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tklaundry@juno.com writes:

<< Maybe so, but that now makes it a local story in Portland  as well.

 df  >>

Absolutely.  My complaints about the local TV stations on Tuesday was that
they seemed to be stretching to come up with local angles.  No journalism was
being conducted.  They were cutting away from real news from the networks to
report on blood drives and reaction from local politicians.

On Wednesday, they did a good job reporting on the role Portland played in
the tragedy.  WCSH, and my friend and list contributor Sid Whitaker, did a
good job filling in the details on the terrorists actions in Portland.
However, as Sid posted here, they did not have that story until Wednesday
morning.  I read the story on the Boston Herald website at 1 AM on Wednesday
morning.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine