Re: Fw: No backup transmitter sites

The fact that only one New York TV station is on the air* speaks volumes
about the affect of cable TV.  Would the same thing have happened years
ago, before most people had cable, if a common transmitter site had been
destroyed?  I can't imagine stations doing without a backup site in
those days.

One of the stations (I think it was WPIX) had a note on their Web page
directing cable system operators to their satellite location.

I wonder why WCBS-TV is the only station with a backup site.

Paul

*on their own frequency; WABC-TV's rebroadcast on suburban stations,
although resourceful, doesn't count