From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of
hopfgapr@sprynet.com
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 6:47 AM
To: Larry Weil
Cc: adamrivers@prodigy.net; Bill O'Neill; Boston Interest Radio Group
Thingy
Subject: Re: RE: Moment of Radio Silence (was: Clear Channel

Key question....did the principal say "pray"?
I think a moment of silence is appropriate and NO violation of Church/state
etc..

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> wrote:
> At 8:58 PM -0400 9/12/01, Adam Rivers wrote:
>FYI.. this morning at my school during morning announcements (which are
>televised on the public access channel thing) we were ordered by the
>principal after the pledge of allegiance to observe a moment of silence and
>pray for the victims. It was so unbelieveably deathly quiet.

Excuse me, you were ORDERED to pray.  This is very un-American.  I'm
sure your principal meant well, but he or she really needs to think
before doing something like this.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH