Re: RE: Moment of Radio Silence (was: Clear Channel

Key question....did the principal say "pray"?
I think a moment of silence is appropriate and NO violation of Church/state etc..

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> wrote:
> At 8:58 PM -0400 9/12/01, Adam Rivers wrote:
>FYI.. this morning at my school during morning announcements (which are
>televised on the public access channel thing) we were ordered by the
>principal after the pledge of allegiance to observe a moment of silence and
>pray for the victims. It was so unbelieveably deathly quiet.

Excuse me, you were ORDERED to pray.  This is very un-American.  I'm
sure your principal meant well, but he or she really needs to think
before doing something like this.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH