Re: Coverage of Press Conference

> >OK.  What would you have said as the Commander in Chief with the
information
> >that he had at hand?
>
> It wasn't so much what he said, but how emotionless he said it.  Then
> again, he may have been in as much of a case of shell shock as those
> of us having to broadcast the news, especially the way he was being
> whisked around the country all day.

Yesterday was a day from hell for the entire country.  President Bush had
been instantly whisked from talking to children to a world crisis.  The
information that he had at hand from his advisors had to be confusing and
contradictory.  Had he acted more violently, he might of ended up putting
his foot in his mouth as we, as a country, did when we blamed Arabs after
the Oklahoma incident.

As Commander in Chief and POTUS, he was processing a vast amount of
information at a rate no single human being could deal with.  His security
people were whisking him around to protect him and that, in itself, is very
disorienting.

President Bush's comments were from an even mind, not threats thrown out in
anger, and reassuring to the public that the country will continue to run in
spite of the current disasters.

Brian Vita