Re: Fox programming in Maine

--- Dib9@aol.com wrote:
> For those of you who have been kept up nights
> wondering how I was going to
> make it without "King of the Hill" and "Ally
> McBeal," my cable provider,
> Susquehanna Communications has announced that they
> will pick up Fox Net
> before WPXT drops Fox programming on October 7th.
> Susquehanna serves the
> Bath/Brunswick/Wiscasset areas.  Time Warner and
> Adelphia, the cable
> providers who cover most of the state, have made
> similar announcements.  It
> appears Fox will not be available anywhere over the
> air.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

That is good news.  I haven't yet heard any offical
announcement from Adelphia here in Bangor, but im sure
they will carry FoxNet.  Apparently in some areas,
they alreay carry FoxNet and have been for years, so
im sure they will just expand that to thier other
areas.  As for regional sports, anyone in the Bangor
area can receive that on "Wicked Good TV" WCKD channel
30.  They carry UPN programming and Fox Sports, with
the priority on Fox Sports.  Fox 51 has such a
terrible signal on the cable system up here that im
glad of the change.  I can watch "The Simpsons"
without all the snow and crap for a change.

Tony
WKIT