RE: FM Radio DXing

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, John Bolduc wrote:

> One thing that comes to mind that has changed are TV tuners. No more fine
> tuning knobs or continuous dialing UHF knobs. The UHF tuners of the past
> were horrible, however. In the upper channel you could often fine tune the
> picture or the sound, but not both at the same time. Something about a low
> "Q" in cheap TV sets, I forget my theory.

That's for sure.  All of my TVs here at home in NYC are manually tuned
(two black and whites and one colour set).  I have real trouble fine
tuning Channel 68 (Home Shopping, soon to be Telefutura)

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few