Re: College radio streaming (was Re: XTRA)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Jeremy Mixer wrote:
>
> > With the way that the school has grown this is not a bad idea, the
> > schedule was so tioght on the FM station last year that not all students
> > could get the amount of time they were required to do....
>
> True, but I guess they could also go with a carrier-current AM station and
> simulcast the programming over the internet...makes it more portable and a
> few more people can hear it without jamming up the campus LAN (if that
> school computer labs or dorms).

They have like 3 t1's connecting the cmapus, the reason there is no AM-
that was the original idea, however teh NESCom building is located about
2/5 of a mile from WZON's transmitter.......and WZON was worried about
interference issues between the two stations.....